- - - - - IMPORTANT! - - - - -
New Photos - From Honor Flight Kern County Trip #11
- August 21-23, 2014 - Click to view Photo Album
New Videos - From Honor Flight Kern County Trip #12
- September 20-22, 2014 - 12 New Videos!
Click to view 12 new videos on KGET Channel 17's website
McCarthy Statement on House Passage of the Honor Flight Act
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) released the following statement on passage of H.R. 4812, the Honor Flight Act:
“It is one of my greatest honors to host Honor Flight veterans and guardians who travel from California to Washington D.C. Local volunteers and guardians with our local Honor Flights give our local veterans the experience of a lifetime as they tour the memorials that honor their service and sacrifice...click here to read more
• October 18 - 1st Annual Valley to Mountain Poker Run to benefit Honor Flight Kern County. View Poster with complete info!
– Starts 8 am at Dawghouse Sports Pub - 1914 North Chester, Bakersfield. Lunch served 1 pm at Saddle Sore Saloon in Glennville - 10669 Hwy 155. We are looking for Veterans to mingle with the riders at these two locations. For information contact Cheree at (661) 588-1343
• October 23 - Every fourth Thursday of the month we have a breakfast for the vets, guardians, and their families at the American Legion Hall, Post 26 - 2020 H Street St. starting at 9am. Come early, visit and enjoy some coffee or juice. Open to all Honor Flight Veterans, Guardians and guests. - Hot, delicious meals are $5 per person.
• November 1 - Mill Creek Christian Church Pancake Breakfast To Honor The Veterans - 9am-11am. All you can eat pancakes and sausage served with coffee, juice and water. Cost $5 with all proceeds donated to Honor Flight Kern County. Honor Flight Veterans eat free. Mill Creek Christian Church - 1660 S St. Bakersfield, CA
• Honor Flight Kern County #13 Trip November 3-5 flight to DC - details to be announced
November 11 – Veteran’s Day Parade – Honor Flight will have two floats in the parade, please contact Kim Whitaker at 332-3202 if you would like to participate