New Photos - From Honor Flight Kern County Trip #11
- August 21-23, 2014 - Click to view Photo Album
New Videos - From Honor Flight Kern County Trip #12
- September 20-22, 2014 - 12 New Videos!
Click to view 12 new videos on KGET Channel 17's website
McCarthy Statement on House Passage of the Honor Flight Act
Washington, D.C. – Congressman Kevin McCarthy (CA-23) released the following statement on passage of H.R. 4812, the Honor Flight Act:
“It is one of my greatest honors to host Honor Flight veterans and guardians who travel from California to Washington D.C. Local volunteers and guardians with our local Honor Flights give our local veterans the experience of a lifetime as they tour the memorials that honor their service and sacrifice...click here to read more
• Monthly Breakfasts: Due to Thanksgiving and Christmas, the dates have been changed to Thurs, Nov 20 & Dec 18.
Serving begins at 9:00 am. Come early, visit and enjoy some coffee or juice. Open to all Honor Flight Veterans, Guardians and a guest. Hot, delicious meals are $5/person.
American Legion Post 26 - 2020 H Street **Please remember to wear your Honor Flight name badge, shirt or jacket**
• November 1 - Mill Creek Christian Church Pancake Breakfast To Honor The Veterans - 9am-11am. All you can eat pancakes and sausage served with coffee, juice and water. Cost $5 with all proceeds donated to Honor Flight Kern County. Honor Flight Veterans eat free. Mill Creek Christian Church - 1660 S St. Bakersfield, CA
• Honor Flight Kern County #13 Trip November 3-5 flight to DC - details to be announced
November 11 – Veteran’s Day Parade – Honor Flight will have two floats in the parade donated by KS Industries.
Seating available to Honor Flight Veterans.
7:00 am: Meet us for breakfast at American Legion Post 26 --FREE meal for all Veterans-- 2020 H Street
8:30 am Shuttle to parade staging area on L Street
10:00 Parade begins
Lunch at Post 26: $5/person
**Please dress warmly and wear your Honor Flight gear and nametag.**
Kim Whitaker at 332-3202 to reserve your spot.
• POSTPONED -The Salty's BBQ & Catering 2nd Annual All Day Fundraiser for Honor Flight Kern County Has Been Postponed until November - stay tuned for new time and date
• November 20 - Monthly Breakfast Serving begins at 9:00 am. Come early, visit and enjoy some coffee or juice. Open to all Honor Flight Veterans, Guardians and a guest.
Hot, delicious meals are $5/person. American Legion Post 26 - 2020 H Street **Please remember to wear your Honor Flight name badge, shirt or jacket**