The inaugural voyage of Honor Flight Kern County
Photos - From Many Honor Flight Kern County Trips
Links on our "Previous Flights" page
Click here for Photos Links
Latest Videos - From Honor Flight Kern County Trips
Click to view new videos on KGET Channel 17's website
- They Make The Wheels Go Round & Round!
(click the link for a photo album honoring the volunteers who honor our Veterans)
We Love Our Volunteers - Honor Flight Kern County Volunteers are the greatest. These tireless people make things happen so our Veterans can go on Honor Flights and enjoy many other local events that bring honor to those who have served.
You can sign up to be a Honor Flight Kern County Volunteer. There are many ways to help. Sign Up Now
If you would like to know more about how you can help, Contact Us today.
• Thursday August 27 - 9am Monthly Breakfast 2020 H Street. Open to Honor Flight Veterans, spouse or a guest**. $5/person. 4th Thursday each month. Kim Whitaker (661) 332-3202 **Please remember to wear your Honor Flight name badge, shirt or jacket -To ensure that we have enough seats for all our Veterans, we kindly ask that you limit attendees to Veterans and one guest each. –Thank you! **
• September 1 - Tuesday 9am-11am - Veteran Coffee & Donuts
1st Tuesday of each month. Mix & Mingle with Veterans of all ages: the “youngsters” coming back from the Middle East thru WWII.
Bakersfield Veterans Center: 1110 Golden State Ave. (661) 323-8387
• September 10 - Kern River Valley Monthly Breakfast (2nd Thursday of each month) 8:00-10:00 am VFW Hall 2811 Nugget Ave (behind Bank of America, McDonald's) Lake Isabella - Please RSVP by Dec 9 to Gary Zuber (760) 379-2109 **Please remember to wear your Honor Flight name badge, shirt or jacket**
• September 12 - 5pm POW MIA Remembrance Program VFW Post 97 - Gates open 3:30pm - Bill Potter 661-496-4672
• Wednesday September 16 - 10am MONTHLY CLASSIC WWII MOVIES!
This month’s feature: To Be Announced During these monthly Honor Flight movie days, a special price is open to all Honor Flight veterans, spouses, volunteers – wear your hats and gear!! Always 3rd Wednesday each month. - $4 admission is cash only, (snack bar takes credit cards).
Maya Cinemas 1000 California Ave (at Q Street). Lili Marsh (661) 303-3837
• October 17 - Marriott Golf Tournament to Benefit Honor Flight Kern County