• November 11 - Veterans Parade 2019, Honor Flight
- Photos Veterans Day Parade 2019
The 100th Annual Veterans Parade sponsored by American Legion Post 26 had its largest crowd in recent years. The weather was perfect for the thousands of spectators and participants who joined together as ONE COMMUNITY supporting our veterans and active military.
It was a proud moment to see so many folks stand at attention and salute our beloved Honor Flight and other Heroes.
To all of our local veterans and active military:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!
THANK YOU, KERN COUNTY, FOR YOUR GENEROUS SUPPORT in sending 1,700 WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War veterans to Washington DC to see THEIR memorials and receive honor for their military service!
• November 14 - 8am-10am - Kern River Valley Monthly Breakfast (2nd Thursdays)
VFW Hall 2811 Nugget Ave. Lake Isabella - Please RSVP Gary Zuber (760) 379-2109.
Please remember to wear your Honor Flight name badge, shirt or jacket
• Thursday November 21 - 8-10 am - Ridgecrest Monthly Breakfast
USO Building, 230 W. Ridgecrest Blvd. Gary Zuber (760) 379-2109 (3rdThursdays).
• November 23 - 9am - Tehachapi Monthly Breakfast
St. Malachy Church, 407 West E St.- Tom Stenson (661) 823-1036
• December 3 - 9am-11am - Veteran Coffee & Donuts (1st Tuesdays)
Mix & Mingle with Veterans of all ages.Bakersfield Veterans Center: 1110 Golden State Ave. (661) 323-8387
• December 5 - 9:00am - Bakersfield Monthly Breakfast
American Legion Post 26 - (1hr Thursday)
2020 H Street - FREE to All Honor Flight, all local WWII veterans.
Limit 1 guest $5. No RSVP. Arlene Aninion (661) 205-1478